An Evening with Ken Ham

I have always enjoyed learning from Ken Ham and the team at Answers in Genesis. While in Bible College in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, Ken was one of my professors and I enjoyed his teachings immensely. (BTW: This fall I have been asked to join Ken Ham, Jason Lisle, and others as one of the teachers at the college. I look forward to going back to invest in the students’ lives there at Jackson Hole Bible College later this year. If you don’t have college plans for this fall, contact JHBC to see about enrollment.)

Ken spoke with the audience about the state of the nation regarding what has happened in the church as Sunday school teachers continue to tell “Bible stories” and teachers in school teach “real truth.” The ultimate question is: “Are we preparing our children to answer the questions they will face outside of the church?” It seems that the questions have not changed. We are all still wondering about the same things as we grow up. Can the Bible be trusted? Where did Cain get his wife? How did Noah fit all the animals on the ark? Where did all the water come from to flood the world? Do I just have a blind faith while others have real truth? How do you talk with an unbeliever?

The Bible tells us in 2 Timothy 2:15: “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”

Have you studied? Are you prepared to give a defense for your faith? If not, start learning and begin defending!  Kind of hard to defend when you don’t even share, isn’t it? If you want some help on where to start learning to defend your faith, http://www.creationtoday.org is a great place to learn!

Leave6 Responses to testAn Evening with Ken Ham

1. Ben Edens August 16, 2010 at 3:16 pm #

Sounds like a great opportunity for you Eric!

2. Joakim Rosqvist August 17, 2010 at 5:08 am #

>>Where did Cain get his wife?
    >>How did Noah fit all the animals on the ark?

And there are many similar questions from other stories:
    How come Harry Potter sometimes can just wave his magic wand to do something, when he at other times also must say something in pseudo-latin?

More seriously, why does it seem more important to you to “defend you faith” rather than learn about how the world works?

3. Ryan Vinter August 18, 2010 at 4:43 am #

>>where did cain get his wife from?

After reading the book of adam and eve i know it’s not biblical cannon but i rather like the read. I mainly just read this for some idea’s. In the book each of the 3 mentioned sons in genesis had twin sisters. Afterwards they had 30 sons and 30 daughters which would give a total of 66.
    Just a thought something to kick around :)

>>Noahs ark?
    I would answer that the same way that Kent does lol :)

-Bless you all

4. Ryan Renfro August 18, 2010 at 11:11 am #

@ Joakim

Cain’s wife was his sister. This may sound gross but frankly there wasn’t a lot of choice. In a genetic perfect world this would be OK. It wasn’t until later in the Old Testament that God forbade such unions because of birth defects.

Honestly it’s what I learn of this world that strengthen my faith everyday but unfortunately some they weave it into the own beliefs. Both take quite a bit of faith.

I’ll put mine in God.

5. die kerze August 19, 2010 at 2:04 pm #

@ Ryan Renfro

“Noah was pretty smart. I’m going to guess that he took babies of the larger animals. That should be a room saver. Plus the bible says two of every KIND (a word much misunderstood) of animal, not every species. More room. And let’s not forgot it was a pretty big boat.”

I would like to see how both the giraffe und the okapi originated from a common ancestor within 4000 years. Or all the great apes. Or all the different bats which have vast differences in their chromosom number.
    Sounds like supir-evilution to me.

And why the heck are marsupials only found in australia and south america?

And where did the water come from anyway? And where did it go?!

Maybe someone can help me, i can’t attend JHBC.

6. Nigel McNaughton August 19, 2010 at 3:54 pm #

Misunderstood? How about meaningless? It means whatever the Creationist you are talking to needs it to mean at the time.