End of Year

Bread can strengthen your heart

The Bible says that bread strengthens the heart (see Psalms 104:14-15). In modern times, however, in order to keep bread lasting longer, Vitamin E, Lecithin, and the Omega 3 fatty acids are removed from the wheat and replaced with white flour. Now, bread can last for months. Subsequently, more and more people are dying from heart attacks and circulation problems.

God made bread to strengthen the heart. In its original state, the ingredients keep the heart strong and the circulation system working correctly. Bread is one of the many examples of how God designed His creation to take care of us.

Further Study

Bible and Health DVD
Bible and Health DVD
More information

,

Leave36 Responses to testBread can strengthen your heart

  1. Geno Castagnoli January 4, 2011 at 7:54 am #

    Kent Hovind wrote:
    Now, bread can last for months.
    ************
    Geno answers:
    Must be a different bakery. I can’t get store-bought bread to last more than a week or so before it gets moldy.

    On the other hand, my step-daughter gave us a home bread making machine and the stuff that we make with that never seems to get moldy.

    Go figure…. the one with all the perservatives goes bad and the one without lasts…..

  2. Zachary Bauer January 4, 2011 at 9:51 am #

    GENO: In lots of store bought bread the oils have been
    added back in…but they are not natural anymore. The breads will
    begin to mold after a week or two. But the breads that are made on
    a mass scale such as the ones you find at McDonalds on your burger
    or at fast food joints are exactly what is being described here. A
    majority of people in this country are eating those breads. GOOGLE:
    “mcdonalds happy meal experiment” A bread machine won’t give you
    the best bread. Buy an electric grinder for your wheat, then make
    the bread with that.

  3. Jon Richt January 4, 2011 at 11:18 am #

    It’s so true, Kent! Even whole wheat bread has been
    corrupted by this fallen world to last several weeks.

  4. Jeff Brace January 4, 2011 at 11:42 am #

    It’s difficult to find flour that has not been stripped of
    these nutrients. We used to make our own bread all the time until
    the ingredients got too expensive nad did not justify the cost. We
    have had store bread last more than a month if stored correctly.
    Putting it in the fridge will make it last even longer.

  5. Rene Mulder January 4, 2011 at 2:41 pm #

    This is one thing that supremely bothers me. It also goes to show that God knows best, and that when we mess with His good things, we end up with crap.

    Of course I can see the practical benefits of “crapifying” our bread to last longer; but I’d say that advantage doesn’t weigh up to the health improving factors of God-bread :)

    I’d be more than happy to go out for shopping for this uber-bread every day if I had to.

    Which begs the question: is managing foods and foodsupplies these days something that’s just gone out of human control?

  6. Corey January 4, 2011 at 2:47 pm #

    God made bread? What plant or animal does one get bread from?

  7. Stephen Holshouser January 4, 2011 at 3:44 pm #

    My wife mills our wheat in an electric grinder like Zach mentioned and makes our bread from that… it’s so good hot out of the oven with butter! Although, I’m not sure how good the butter is for your heart…

    Jeff, my wife tells me the price of almost all groceries has gone up a bunch in the last few years.. she said she can make bread for around $1.50 a loaf.

  8. andrew Ryan January 4, 2011 at 3:57 pm #

    Each blog replaces another with questions unanswered. I’ll try again:

    1. Still no clarification on quotes Kent claims Sir Arthur Keith made several years after the man died.

    2. Eric: “Socialism is the result of evolutionary thinking”

    Can you explain this, given that the closest economic system to evolution is undeniably free-market capitalism. In fact, the phrase “survival of the fittest” was originally coined to apply to free-market capitalism, where only the successful companies thrive, and the failures are allowed to die off and go bust.

  9. Dima T January 4, 2011 at 10:32 pm #

    Oh man, God bless you Kent! I admire you as a faithful servant of God. Hence, the a tini, tiny hair doesn’t fall out, with out the will of God, therefore everything that happens, happens for a reason… Stay strong in faith! :D

  10. andrew Ryan January 5, 2011 at 11:21 am #

    Stephen Holshouser, you asked for people other that Christ who had given a lot, and then complained when people gave you philanthropic Christians. If you’d wanted philanthropic atheists you should have asked.

    Bill Gates and Warren Buffett are both atheists who have given billions (regardless of the merits of Windows!). Andrew Carnegie was also an atheist, who created public libraries, universities (Carnegie Mellon) and arts venues such as Carnegie Hall. There are many more. Just google philanthropic atheists…

  11. Jennifer Preston January 5, 2011 at 12:37 pm #

    I think you’ll find that the increase in Heart Attacks is not down to bread, but down to a high sugar, high fat diet and lack of exercise. Stress also plays a huge part in heart attacks. Yet what you’ve implied is that heart attacks are purely down to what bread we eat which is utterly wrong. There’s more to it than that.

  12. Jeff Brace January 5, 2011 at 1:01 pm #

    Thanks Stephen :)

  13. Jack Napper January 5, 2011 at 5:17 pm #

    Each blog replaces another with questions unanswered. I’ll try again:

    1. Still no clarification on quotes Kent claims Sir Arthur Keith made several years after the man died.

    2. Eric: “Socialism is the result of evolutionary thinking”

    Can you explain this, given that the closest economic system to evolution is undeniably free-market capitalism. In fact, the phrase “survival of the fittest” was originally coined to apply to free-market capitalism, where only the successful companies thrive, and the failures are allowed to die off and go bust.

    You really expected any real substance andrew???

    Seriously beyond quib and jabs what did you expect? INSIGHT!?!?!

    Here’s another from Stephen Holshouser:

    Jack the Napper,

    “You can always spot a creationist (or a hick) because they use poor language like “life from non-life”.”

    FACEPALM

    You can always spot an evolutionist because they believe that life came from non-life and hate when creationists point it out.

    Unfortunately the thread close before I read this. I’m sure Stephen was kicking himself after clicking submit but thankful I couldn’t respond. Why; because my response would have been something like…

    And you can always spot a Creationist’s inability to grasp what Pasteur had meant (which may be due to the hick-style translation). The statement of “life from non-life” deals with spontaneous generation of FULLY FORMED ORGANISMS. Maggots from meat or mice from grain. In actuality it does more to disprove the notion of God poofing things into existence.

    Another catch-phrase squashed only to rise again and again and again.

  14. Jack Napper January 5, 2011 at 5:46 pm #

    I’m wondering Kent if you have something new to add to any discussion or if you simply cut and paste things from you seminars.

    If you’re son had bothered to watch those YouTube videos by DonExodus2, ExtantDodo or other we suggested on his blog he would have been able to save you from the throngs of FACEPALMS (GOOGLE: Critical Analysis of Kent Hovind’s Garden of Eden)

    What next? Are you gonna tells us how to cure cancer with CYANIDE? Perhaps more confusion over deficiencies or disease?

    One more for the road. GOOGLE: Gary Null is the Kent Hovind of Alternative Medicine.

  15. Stephen Holshouser January 6, 2011 at 1:41 pm #

    andrew Ryan

    You said, “Stephen Holshouser, you asked for people other that Christ who had given a lot, and then complained when people gave you philanthropic Christians. If you’d wanted philanthropic atheists you should have asked.”

    No, I didn’t ask for “people other than Christ who had given a lot.” I asked if John could name ANY person that has done MORE good for humanity than Jesus Christ, there’s a big difference. The answer is so obvious, it is almost a rhetorical question. Any attempt to name someone better than Jesus just makes that person appear foolish, although that was not the purpose; the purpose was simply to illustrate the beauty of Christ.

    I don’t deny that there are some very wealthy atheists who give to charity, and it’s no skin off their back. Although I would bet that there are very, very few atheists of average means who give anything at all to charity, why would they? But shall I explain how Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, and Andrew Carnegie could not have been who they are/were without the Person and life of Jesus Christ, or do you concede that point?

    I just want you to consider the Lord Jesus Christ and His spotless life, His actions, His words, His power, His love, His death and resurrection and then see your need of Him. How could a man do what He did except He be the actual Son of God fulfilling all righteousness by His life and then satisfying the justice of God by His death for those of us who need it?

  16. Stephen Holshouser January 6, 2011 at 2:15 pm #

    Jack Napper,

    Be patient with a hick… do you believe that your original ancestor was the first living organism?

    If so, what did that come from?

    I’m not being sarcastic, I just sincerely, honestly want to know what you believe. Please use small words so you don’t lose me, and try to be as condescending as possible. : )

  17. Melissa Eggert January 6, 2011 at 2:30 pm #

    I am very much informed on how our culture has stripped many foods from their original state to a processed version. That is the society we live in. its sad that were are dealing with lots of health concerned due to the state of our food. It’s not just bread. We live in a sugar addicted County. White bread turns into sugar. We are way over preserved. Gods plan for us was never to eat the crap we all created. This has renewed my resolve to eat healthier. I eat a ton less processed food than most. Lets get back down to the basics. Don’t you just love the smell of fresh baked bread?

    Stephen Holshouser – Can we get your wife’s Recipe?

  18. JP Minnaar January 6, 2011 at 3:46 pm #

    Wheat is almost the perfect food, and for that matter bread. No wonder then that the bible assosiates bread with life. (john6:48/51).

    Just like veggies, nuts and fruit use to be like sweets – containing vitamin c- that was until consentrated and refined suger were marketed. Basically stripped from its vitamin C in the refining process.

    A few hundred years ago the average person in Europe would eat 3 or 4 pounds of sugar a year. today most people eat over 100 pounds of it. It is not surprising that low blood sugar and diabetes are modern diseases.

    As Oom(Uncle) Kent states that bread has been robbed of some of its natural ingrediants.

    There are more than a hundred elements in the ground,organic and inorganic. Man’s body is composed primarily of 16 living elements. Those 16 elements are supplied from food grown out of the ground.

    The 16 organic elements come in two forms – acid & alkaline.
    12 of the elements are alkaline (like iron, calcium, magensiam and potassium). The other 4 elemts are carbohydrates ( like carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen).

    The body requires two to three times as much of the alkaline elements, yet bread consists of two to three times as much of the carbohydrates.

    One grain of wheat contains all 16 life sustaining elements in perfect ballanced preportions.

    The problem with bread in this modern “educated” world is that most of it is made from white flour. White flour is made by stripping most of the twelve alkaline elements from the wheat grain, thus leaving the white flour with only the 4 acid elements – all carbohydrates.

    After stripping the flour, it is then bleached to give it that pure white like appeal.

    My grandmother used to bake bread on the farm – two slices of that bread would fill me up for half of the day. I now eat at least 6 slices and still feel hungry @ the end.

    I think that it is time to get a grain grinder!!!!!!!!!!!!

  19. Jeff Brace January 6, 2011 at 4:29 pm #

    Hey Jack, looks like as usual your response if off topic. Anything to say about bread?
    These threads are open for 5 days. I find it difficult that you cannot find a way to respond to them in that allottment of time.

  20. Duane January 6, 2011 at 6:17 pm #

    Atheists hate real bread. Yep, can’t stand it. Only good Christians like real bread.

  21. andrew Ryan January 7, 2011 at 8:21 am #

    Stephen Holshouser: “Do you believe that your original
    ancestor was the first living organism?” Stephen, could you clearly
    define what you mean by ‘living’? For example are viruses alive?
    “Although I would bet that there are very, very few atheists of
    average means who give anything at all to charity, why would they?”
    What are you basing your wager on? Go ahead and make that bet with
    me, because you’ll lose it (Give your losing wager to the charity
    of your choice). I know dozens of atheists who give regularly to
    charity – me, my wife, my brother, my work colleagues, my
    friends… “Why would they?” Are you judging them by your own
    standards? Or do you just mean you can’t understand why someone
    would help another person unless they believed they would get a
    reward for it in heaven. Or some other reason? I’m just asking. If
    that’s your motivation for helping others, then it’s not really
    charity. Why not simply ask why I help others, rather than rely on
    cynical prejudice. No skin off Gates’ back to give billions to
    charity? Well it would be no skin off the back off many large
    religions to give away their billions, but they still don’t do it.
    Come back to me when the Vatican sells of its gold
    toilets.

  22. John Bebbington January 7, 2011 at 8:53 am #

    JP Minnaar wrote: “The 16 organic elements come in two
    forms acid & alkaline. 12 of the elements are alkaline
    (like iron, calcium, magensiam and potassium). The other 4 elemts
    are carbohydrates ( like carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen).”
    JP, I take it you did not study chemistry at school otherwise you
    would know that iron, calcium, magensiam (sic) and potassium are
    metals and, by definition, are not alkaline. Furthermore, carbon,
    hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen are not carbohydrates but elements.
    Only the first three are combined together within a carbohydrate.
    Indeed, that is what “carbohydrate” means. Carbohydates do not
    contain nitrogen. Lastly, there is no such thing as an “organic”
    element. “White flour is made by stripping most of the twelve
    alkaline elements from the wheat grain, thus leaving the white
    flour with only the 4 acid elements all carbohydrates.”
    What?

  23. Stephen Holshouser January 7, 2011 at 2:14 pm #

    Melissa, sure… here it is. have a good one Basic Whole
    Wheat Bread (yield 6 loaves) 1.) Mill hard white wheat berries in
    Nutramill to get fresh ground wheat flour. (we get our wheat from a
    local food coop) 2.) Place the following ingredients in a Bosch
    mixing machine. A. 6 c Warm Water B. 3 Heaping Tbsp Yeast C. 2 Tbsp
    Sea Salt D. 2/3 Cup Oil (I use light olive oil) E. 2/3 Cup Honey
    (we get it straight from the hive from a man with an apiary nearby)
    F. 3 Tbsp Dough Enhancer G. 2 Tbsp Vital Wheat Gluten H. 5 Cups
    Fresh Ground Flour I. 8-12 Cups Fresh Ground Flour Steps: 1. Add
    (A-H) ingredients into mixer 2. Mix on speed 1 for 2 minutes 3. Let
    sit (sponge) for 8 minutes 4. Turn mixer to speed 1 5. Begin adding
    flour 1-2 cups (from I.) at a time 6. Continue adding flour until
    it begins cleaning the sides 7. Turn to speed 2 8. Knead for 10
    minutes on speed 2 9. Dump dough on counter top that has been oiled
    (light olive) 10. Separate into 1 ½ pound loaves 11. Form into loaf
    shapes and put into greased (canola oil spray) bread pans 12. Turn
    on oven to 350 13. Place pans on stove top to rise, 30 minutes 14.
    Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes 15. Remove from pans to
    cool (I learned this the hard way, if you don’t do this the bottoms
    will be gooey) enjoy!! **If you don’t have a Bosch machine you can
    do this recipe by hand. You can also use a kitchen aid mixer and
    half the recipe and you will get 3 loaves.

  24. Stephen Holshouser January 7, 2011 at 9:30 pm #

    andrew Ryan, What do I mean by “living?” I’ll go with
    whatever you consider to be living. So, the first thing that you
    considered to be living, what did that come from? What am I basing
    my wager on? The polls, stats, experience, common sense, reality.
    If you and your wife give, then you would be one of the few, as I
    said there would be some that do. I don’t expect you to answer this
    except to yourself; Would I be right in saying you give less than
    2% of your annual income? (don’t count paying your taxes!) This is
    from ABC News in 2006 with John Stossel: “ …the single biggest
    predictor of whether someone will be charitable is their religious
    participation. Religious people are more likely to give to charity,
    and when they give, they give more money: four times as much. And
    Arthur Brooks told me that giving goes beyond their own religious
    organization: “Actually, the truth is that they’re giving to more
    than their churches,” he says. “The religious Americans are more
    likely to give to every kind of cause and charity, including
    explicitly non-religious charities.”

  25. Stephen Holshouser January 7, 2011 at 10:49 pm #

    andrew Ryan, You are right; if you are giving just to get
    back something from God in this life or the next, it is a selfish
    reason. But it is still true what Jesus said (as always), “It is
    more blessed to give than to receive.” Your motivation for giving
    is the key. The Vatican has golden toilets? I’m sure they must have
    a good reason… surely you wouldn’t expect the Pope to have to use
    anything less, would you?

  26. Mark James January 8, 2011 at 3:28 am #

    Hi John,

    Don’t get used to this because I don’t think it is going to happen too often but I have to agree with you in your analysis of JP’s post, it didn’t make a lot of sense.

    Jack,

    Why would Stephen be kicking himself for using the term ‘life from non-life’? Pasteur’s use of the phrase is irrelevant, life exists now and at some point in the past it didn’t. We have to be able to explain the progression: no life… no life… no life… LIFE!!!

    Take all the chemicals that make up the simplest lifeform and mix them together in a container. I can guarantee you that they will not form life! You may have a problem with calling this mixture (or any similar mixture) non-life , but that is exactly what it is!

  27. andrew Ryan January 8, 2011 at 3:56 am #

    Stephen, you think a gold toilet for the Pope is more important than all the kids’ lives you could save by selling the gold? I don’t know what to say to you – and you said it was no skin off Gates’ back to donate billions!

    And no – you give me YOUR definition of living. For me, there IS no fixed point when life magically began. It was a continuum.

    Do the charity stats you cite include tithing, paying priests wages, sending bibles to flood victims? Cos I don’t see them as charity. Tithing is just the church’s equivalent to taxes, which you say don’t count either.

    What do you make of the stats clearly showing Christians are far more likely to commit crimes than atheists? How does that fit into your common sense?

  28. Jack Napper January 8, 2011 at 1:01 pm #

    Jack Napper,

    Be patient with a hick, do you believe that your original ancestor was the first living organism?

    If so, what did that come from?

    I’m not being sarcastic, I just sincerely, honestly want to know what you believe. Please use small words so you don’t lose me, and try to be as condescending as possible : )

    What I believe is utterly irrelevant. Heck I could believe they were all poofed into being despite evidence showing how it actually happened.

    I love your question as it’s really shows your attempt to avoid a strawman by trying to get me to make one using your ignorance.

    I’ll humor you a little and give you an overly simplified answer. That would be no.

    1. Populations evolve not individuals
    2. Please look up the biological definition of living (it might shock you).

    Thanks again for showcasing your ignorance in an attempt to make other look silly. You’re always good for a laugh. I hope I didn’t go too far over your head. I certainly tried to dumb it down as much as possible.

  29. Geno Castagnoli January 8, 2011 at 3:47 pm #

    Andrew Ryan wrote:
    Come back to me when the Vatican sells of its gold toilets.
    ********

    Geno answers:
    Pure fabrication.

    In fact, the Papal apartment was recently remodeled for the first time since 1964. Here is what was said about conditions before the remodelling:

    —– begin quote ——
    Electrical wiring was replaced, new pipes were installed, the kitchen was refurbished …..The floors were the original 16th-century marble slabs and inlay, restored to their original luster…..The renovation, the workman related, was long overdue. The architects said they were surprised at the poor state of the apartment.

    For one thing, the electrical system was not up to code. Some rooms still used old 125-volt electrical outlets, which were phased out years ago in Italy in favor of 220 volts. The water pipes were encrusted with rust and lime, and the heating system was approximate at best.

    Above the false ceiling, workers discovered big drums placed strategically to catch the leaks from the roof; some were nearly full of water. …..

    Polish film director Krzysztof Zanussi, a friend of the late pope, once said he was astonished at the gloominess of the place, with its outmoded furnishings and lack of lighting.
    (Source: Catholic News Jan 6, 2008)
    —— end quote ——

    Geno resumes:
    I can just see it now…. “I have an electrical system that could electrocute me, pipes that are rusting away, no heat, a roof that leaks so badly that I use barrels to catch the rain, and paint peeling off the walls, but I have gold toilet seats.”

  30. JP Minnaar January 10, 2011 at 3:20 am #

    John Bebbington.
    Yes, i agree. i also thought the same thing about simple things like iron, how can it be a alkeline. i got this from a christian magazine. I read the blogs on cse quite often for answers on questions. Don’t have a higher education(again you are right). So thank you for pointing it out. This was a realy weak argument i made. Sorry.

  31. John Bebbington January 10, 2011 at 9:49 am #

    Mark James said: “Hi John, Don’t get used to this because I don’t think it is going to happen too often but I have to agree with you in your analysis of JP’s post, it didn’t make a lot of sense.”

    Hi Mark, Why would you not agree with good science? Have you been educated otherwise?

    “Take all the chemicals that make up the simplest lifeform and mix them together in a container. I can guarantee you that they will not form life! You may have a problem with calling this mixture (or any similar mixture) non-life , but that is exactly what it is!”

    What a silly argument. No-one except YECists are suggesting that life came about in such fashion. Mark, you really need to catch up on the literature just to discover how out of touch your beliefs are.

    Just because you cannot comprehend how simple chemical processes under specific physical conditions might result in complex, self-replicating molecules doesn’t mean others can’t. You are like a blind, deaf man at the back of a deep, dark cave refusing to accept the concept of a rainbow.

  32. John Poe January 10, 2011 at 11:12 am #

    It is the atheist who is trying to sell the Devil’s lies to us in the form of sickly worthless white bread.

  33. Stephen Holshouser January 10, 2011 at 11:44 am #

    Sorry to all that this is off topic. I was just minding my own business talking about bread, but felt I should respond to these posts directed at me.

    Jack Snapper,

    Thanks for putting me in my place… it almost seemed like you dodged the question, but I’m sure the answer was just over my head.

    Actually, if you had a good answer you would have given it. The problem with atheistic evolution’s view on the origin of life is that it is so easy to disprove, it always looks like a strawman, not matter what evolutionist explains it, so I guess I can’t blame you for avoiding the question of what life came from. In fact, I think the only reason you originally objected to the phrase “life from non-life” is because it so simply, yet precisely reveals what you believe. Don’t get mad at us because your theory is lame. If you don’t like the criticism, come up with a viable theory, but until then, you own “life from non-life.”

    “Heck I could believe they were all poofed into being despite evidence showing how it actually happened.”

    Do you mean if there actually was any evidence? Based on science and common sense, life CANNOT come from non-life by natural means. It had to be created willfully and purposefully by God, fully formed and functioning from the very beginning, or life could not be. As you suggested I look up, one definition of a biological, living organism is something that undergoes metabolism, maintains homeostasis, responds to stimuli. Remove ANY of these advanced, complex functions and you get nothing but disorder that will NEVER become order by itself or by natural processes (see Mark James’ post, despite John Bebbington’s unproven, imaginary hopeful wish that it isn’t true). I think if you, Jack, will consider the vast complexity of even the most simple, reproducible life form, you will see the necessity of the Creator God, the Lord Jesus Christ.

    May the Lord bless you. I actually do get a laugh from your sarcastic humor, even when directed at me (though I believe what we are talking about is very serious).

  34. Stephen Holshouser January 10, 2011 at 1:44 pm #

    andrew Ryan,

    I was just kidding about the golden Pope toilet thing… lighten up! Besides, Geno said it isn’t true.

    See my response to Jack about the origin of life. But if you believe life is a continuum, then tell me when death began.

    The ABC news report I posted said religious folks even give more to non-religious charities than atheists. So you can leave out tithing to a church altogether and we’re still more generous.

    Regarding crimes; I don’t doubt that there are scores of people who call themselves Christians who commit crimes. The Bible is clear that there are, were and will be many people who name the name of Christ who are as much or more a child of the Devil as the person who doesn’t believe in God at all (Matt 7:21-27). Do you concede that if anyone, even a true Christian, is committing a crime that they are not following the Bible? (Romans 13)

  35. Mark James January 10, 2011 at 2:59 pm #

    Hi John,

    You said: “Hi Mark, Why would you not agree with good science? Have you been educated otherwise?”

    When it is ‘good science’ I am more than happy to agree. Unfortunately your definition of ‘good science’ and my definition of ‘good science’ seem to be very different on this blog, which means we are unlikely to agree with each other very often (which was the point of my original post).

  36. Mark James January 10, 2011 at 5:20 pm #

    Hi John (again),

    You wrote: “What a silly argument. No-one except YECists are suggesting that life came about in such fashion.”

    If you go back and read my post you willl see that my point was actually to explain to Jack that, if all the chemicals for life are present but not alive, the use of the term ‘non-life’ is more than valid.

    You also wrote: “Just because you cannot comprehend how simple chemical processes under specific physical conditions MIGHT result in complex, self-replicating molecules doesn’t mean others can’t.” (emphasis added by me)

    This is where our definitions of good science diverge. My definition does not allow for the word ‘might’. You can believe something has happened if you want to but, as many naysayers on this blog like to point out, beliefs are not science.

    And, if you replace ‘might’ with ‘might not’ in your post, you too end up at the back of the cave, with your white stick and hearing aid, debating the existence of rainbows.