Help! I’m being taught evolution. What can I do?

Q: Dr. Hovind, I’m in ninth grade earth science class, and my teacher is already pushing evolution on us very hard. What can I do? I believe the Bible account of creation. Please help me!

Thanks for the e-mail. We get many like it here at Creation Science Evangelism, and I believe I can help. There are certainly millions and maybe hundreds of millions of students around the world in your same situation. Schools all over the world are pushing the evolution theory (which is fine); but the textbooks use lies or great exaggerations as evidence for evolution (which is not fine).

There is a lot you can do! Your options fall into basically two categories: you can keep quiet in class, or you can speak up. If you just keep quiet, you can get through the class and have your faith in the Bible strengthened, weakened, or destroyed altogether—depending on you. But if you keep quiet, you will not be helping to reach the other students or the teacher.

If you decide to speak up when the textbook teaches something that is not true, be aware that there are right and wrong ways to do this. Doing it right requires a lot of work and prayer. Before we proceed I need to know your commitment level. Do you want to speak up or keep quiet? Pray about it.

Help! I'm Being Taught Evolution

Help! I’m Being Taught Evolution In My Earth Science Class!
A resource with practical steps for confronting evolution in the classroom.
Book or Download

Leave9 Responses to testHelp! I’m being taught evolution. What can I do?

1. Corne Ferreira July 28, 2010 at 5:59 am #

I am much older and obviously cant have a similar problem, but my wife who is a preschool teacher might be able to relate. She recently started at a new school and was shocked to see at the age of six children are being taught evolution. Neither she nor I know what she can exactly do . . . as Dr. Hovind’s article points out, there’s a right and wrong way of doing things, and I think for my wife to lash out in a way that she gets fired wont help anyone. Does anyone have suggestions? My first thought was that she should point out to the children that evolution teachings are nothing more than a theory, with no solid evidence . . . but then that seems like too much of a confusing debate to be exposing such young children to, yet it is forced in a sense. Any help advice would be much appreciated!

2. Doktor Benway July 28, 2010 at 9:03 am #

Corne…

Of course calling evolution “Just a theory” is going to confuse things. If you don’t know what a “scientific theory” actually is, you’ll only come off looking foolish if you start yammering about it.

I think your wife should try to find an exclusively Christian (preferably your own personal brand) preschool to teach in. I know that if my children were enrolled in a public, secular preschool and I found out she was spouting creation nonsense, I wouldn’t rest until she was fired.

All you Christians have options. If you want to raise history denying children just like yourselves, then home school or send them to whatever brand of Christian school best suits your indoctrination needs. Of course there is an 80% chance that they will reject you and your myths by the time the reach age 18.

What to do… What to do… I think a good start would be not to solicit advice from a convicted criminal, tax cheat and liar for Jesus…

As you can see by the handy resource you can buy to help you out, Hovind is still “only in it for the money.”

3. jacob July 28, 2010 at 1:28 pm #

Dr Kent Hovind has tons of resources free to view or free downloads to fortify our families, against the Evolutionists, the Humanistic, and the Secularist religions and teachings. As we have, enjoy these free downloads and we share them everyone we meet! Thank You, Dr Kent Hovind & Family, Our family heroes. Our family grieves with you and your family over your unjust persecution. Dr Kent Hovind’s Free site is awesome! I know of No one else who provides award winning videos for free!!! Check it out—> http://3bible.com/kenthovind.php

For info about the truth concerning Dr Kent Hovind’s case this is a must read. —> “Do you ever deposit or withdraw cash from your own bank account? Get ready to go to prison! As a banker, following the court case of Kent and Jo Hovind (3:06cr83MCR Northern Dist. of Florida) now on appeal with the 11th Circuit (07-10090-B 07-10502-B) has caused me great concern! If you don’t want to go to prison and have your property seized, you better be concerned as well.” {Read the rest of the shocking story.} http://www.aipnews.com/talk/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=5701&posts=1

For teachers, students, youth ministers, pastors, etc check out what Christian attorneys are doing to protect our Nation against the many who want to destroy our heritage, Constitution, and freedom to worship our Creator {Jesus, our Almighty Intelligent Designer}. Explore and be informed. http://www.aclj.org

Concerning your religious liberty in public schools and the First Amendment rights, explore and share http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org

If you find this info helpful, you’re welcome from my courageous wife and I; Sincere citizens, jacob, email: judgmenthasbegun@hotmail.com

4. es.beto@gmail.com July 29, 2010 at 12:25 pm #

Contrary to christian doctrine, you won’t be forced to “believe” in evolution, you will be presented with evidence. So follow where the evidence leads and always seek for the truth.

5. Anthony Kopah July 31, 2010 at 11:29 am #

“HELP! I’M BEING TAUGHT EVOLUTION. WHAT CAN I DO?”

You can learn and research what is being taught.

What you find out may interest or even surprise you. As Charles Darwin put it, “There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.” It’s a beautiful theory that shows our connection with all other living things on this planet.

Even if you find that you can not agree with the evidence, facts and theories of this natural process, you owe it to yourself to properly learn what it is. Only by learning what it is that you would oppose can you correctly argue the subject.

6. Mike de Fleuriot August 1, 2010 at 1:21 am #

If you find something wrong with evolution, take it to an evolution expert and show them where they have made a mistake. If you are correct, they will thank you for the help, and fix their theory.

But more likely, you have misunderstood evolution and require a detailed explanation of it, to allow you to understand the processes involved. Would you be willing to allow that to happen?

How about someone coming to you and suggesting that the bible is incorrect and allowing you to show them where they are mistaken in their view that the bible is incorrect ? Would that be acceptable to you, and if so, then why should the same not be acceptable with regards to evolution?

7. Charles Haley August 2, 2010 at 11:01 am #

8. Stuart Mitchell August 2, 2010 at 2:08 pm #

Jump for joy that you are having your consciousness raised and you self awareness enlightened. Thank your parents that they cared enough to get you a proper education instead of exposing you to stultifying “christian education” in the American Talban Madrasas that are so common these days. Ask you teacher for more information and more advanced research in the subjects you are interested in like geology, paleontology, botany, organic chemistry, entomology, meteorology, astronomy, genetic evolution or any other topic you can think of. Try reading about literary criticism and how we know about the authors of the bible and what their view points were. Ask your pastor or priest why the stories of Jesus life are so different and contradictory in the four gospels. Ask why Jesus was not a christian but apocalyptic Jew. Ask questions for your self. Do not pray about it, think about it!

9. Anthony Kopah August 3, 2010 at 1:33 pm #

“I don’t understand why the evolutionist keep trying to push their dogma down our childrens’ throats. Most Americans don’t believe in evolution, and aren’t we a democracy?” ~Charles Haley

Most Americans are also practically illiterate in the sciences.

Science is not a democracy. The best supported theories are accepted, not the most popular ones among the general populace (most of whom aren’t scientists). Evidence and application decide what is taught.