The Bible describes a frightening, huge creature that lived in the sea. Called Leviathan, it had fearsome teeth and armor-plated scales that spears and arrows could not penetrate. A Norse legend tells of a colossal sea creature with many arms that could capsize a sailing ship. In 1918, a group of lobster fishermen in Port Stephens, Australia, reported an encounter with “an immense shark of almost unbelievable proportions.”
Fossil evidence shows that the oceans once teemed with sea monsters, and some are still alive today.
With incredible detail, this books describes:
- Mosasaurus, the T-Rex of the sea
- Megalodon, the shark longer than a school bus
- Sarcosuchus,the “super croc” that weighed up to 8 tons
- Archelon, the sea turtle as large as a Volkswagen Bettle
- And many other sea-dwelling monsters, past and present
Each creature is featured with full-color illustrations, size comparisons, skeleton drawings, and fast facts section about how these creatures lived and died.
Hardback: 76 pages