Explore deep into the hidden wonders beneath the surface as cave expert Dr. Emil Silvestru takes you on an illuminating and educational journey through the mysterious world of caves. Discover the beautiful formations, thriving ecology, unique animals, and fragile balance of this little-seen ecosystem in caves from around the globe.
The Cave Book will teach you about:
- A creationary model of how caves form
- A history of how caves have been used by humans for shelter and worship
- How old caves really are
- The surprising world of Neanderthals and their connection to modern humans
- How to make a stone axe and about early tools
- Just how long it really takes for cave formations to form
- Unusual animals that make caves their home
- Examples of how connected caves are to mythology of many cultures
- The Climate and geologic processes and features of caves and karst rocks
- The process by which ice caves form
- Exploration, hazards, and record-setting caves
- How caves form, and features about and below the surface
Filled with beautiful and fascinating color photos of caves from around the world, The Cave Book is wonderful guide to this hidden world of wonders. Enjoy learning on your journey of exploration into these exciting and mysterious places underground!
Hardback: 79 pages