Great job in your recent debate! I’ve debated scores of evolutionists and have a small bit of advice after the “Do you believe in evolution?” question you got. Here’s what I would have said, “What do you mean by the word evolution?” That word has six different and unrelated meanings.
- Cosmic evolution is the belief that the universe came into being out of nothing by the “Big Bang.”
- Chemical evolution is the belief that all 92 elements evolved from hydrogen from the Big Bang.
- Stellar evolution is the belief that all 70 sextillion stars evolved and formed into the intricate complex galaxies we see from the dust clouds.
- Organic evolution is the belief that life spontaneously generated from non-living matter.
- Macro-evolution is the belief that plants and animals can change into different kinds over eons of time.
- Micro-evolution is the belief that plants and animals can produce varieties within the kind but the variations are limited and never produce a new kind.
So, you need to define exactly which of these meanings you are referring to. I do believe in micro-evolution, but think it is a bad term. It should just be called “flexible design ability,” or something like that. All of human observations over the last 4,000 years have shown us that dogs produce dogs and corn produces corn without exception. If someone chooses to believe that dogs and corn are related to some common ancestor “long ago and far away,” that is their business. I support freedom of religion and that idea would certainly qualify as a religion, not science. Although the current political climate may feel we should not have religion in tax-funded schools, under that premise, I would support getting all of the first five religious meanings of the word “evolution” removed from schools. Those ideas should be taught in liberal churches and all taxpayers should not be required to fund these religious teachings as is currently happening.
Christine: Please watch my video #4 (“Lies in the Textbooks“) free of charge on our website when things calm down for your schedule. We don’t need to get creation in schools or evolution out. We need to get LIES out. That will remove all “evidence” used to support the silly evolution religion, and it will die on the vine. We are praying for you. Even if you win, the problems you will face are gigantic! II Chronicles 7:14 is the only hope for America