The oceans may well be Earth’s final frontier. These dark and sometimes mysterious waters cover 71 percent of the surface area of the globe and have yet to be fully explored, Under the waves, a watery world of frail splendor, foreboding creatures, and sights beyond imagination awaits.
The Ocean Book will teach you about:
- Giant squid and other “monsters” of the seas
- Centuries of ocean exploration
- Hydrothermal vents
- The ingredients that make up the ocean
- Harnessing the ocean’s energy
- Coral reefs
- Ships, submarines, and other ocean vessels
- The major ocean currents
- El Nino, whirlpools, and hurricanes
- Harvesting the oceans’ resources
- Whales, dolphins, fish, and other sea creatures
Learning about the oceans and their hidden contents can be exciting and rewarding. The abundance and diversity of life, the wealth of resources, and the simple mysteries there have intrigued explorers and scientist for centuries. A better understanding of our oceans ensures careful conservation of their grandeur and beauty for future generations, and leads to a deeper respect for the delicate balance of life on planet Earth.
Hardback: 80 pages