Our Websites

The Gap Theory Denies the Purpose of the Cross

Without a doubt, the foundation upon which our salvation and hope rests is the substitutionary death of Christ on the cross. God created a perfect, sinless earth and placed upon it a perfect, sinless man. This man, Adam, enjoyed close fellowship with his Creator until he sinned and broke the perfect relationship between God and man. Ever since that time, death and degradation have plagued God’s once-perfect creation, and man has been separated from God. However, the shedding of Christ’s innocent blood on the cross can restore man’s fellowship with God and provide him eternal life. Through Adam’s sin, death entered into the world; but through Christ’s sacrifice, salvation is made possible (Romans 5:19). Therein lies the gap theory’s greatest error, the placement of sin and death prior to the existence of Adam. If death existed prior to Adam’s sin, then how could it be the result of sin?

Further Study

For more information, see The Gap Theory by Dr. Kent Hovind and Stephen Lawwell.

,

Leave26 Responses to testThe Gap Theory Denies the Purpose of the Cross

  1. Paul Monsef October 26, 2010 at 7:26 am #

    I would disagree.

    Col 1:20
    And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

    (1) The cross also reconciled things in heaven…

    Romans 5:12
    Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

    (2) It says “entered into the word”… Not “came into existence”

  2. Joseph Conkle October 26, 2010 at 8:31 am #

    The more I look into and study the gap theory, the more I find it unnecessary. Even with radiometric dating methods unreliability and the slew of evidence of a young Earth, Gods word should stand alone as the most logical solution to sin, death, and redemption. What a awesome God we serve!

  3. Michael Traher October 26, 2010 at 9:49 am #

    I agree with Dr. Hovind. I think the gap theory is a good example of adding to God’s word. I don’t see it in Genesis.

    Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

    I say we just put complete faith in the King James Bible and don’t add to it or take away from it.

    I disagree with the first statement.

    1Cr 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

    Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

    Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

    Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

    I believe the entire creation was affected by Adam’s sin.

    It is a clear compromise of God’s word to believe the Gap theory.

  4. Geno Castagnoli October 26, 2010 at 10:08 am #

    Kent Hovind claims:
    “God created a perfect, sinless earth and placed upon it a perfect, sinless man”
    #####
    Geno comments:
    Wrong on both counts. First, there is nothing in scripture that says creation was perfect. Here is what scripture says: “And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.” (Gen. 1:31)

    Further, man was flawed by what creationists call his “sinful nature.” If any part of creation is flawed, it is not perfect.
    ######

    Kent Hovind asks:
    “If death existed prior to Adam’s sin, then how could it be the result of sin?”
    #####
    Geno replies:
    The question is what was meant by “death?” An examination of Genesis makes it clear the “death” spoken of is spiritual, not physical in nature. First we have the name of the tree and the consequences of eathing from it. “But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.” (Gen 2:17) And what does Satan say to Eve? “…ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.” This makes it abundantly clear the story is symbolic in nature.

    So, did Adam and Eve die (physically) on the day they ate of the tree? Here’s what God said and did:
    “Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children…unto Adam he said,…. cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life …. God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever …. God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground …. So he drove out the man …. And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain …. she again bare his brother Abel.” (Gen 3:16 – 4:2)

    Since Cain and Abel weren’t even concieved until AFTER the banishment, it becomes unmistakably clear Adam and Eve lived for some time after being banished from Eden and they did NOT die (physically) on the day they ate from the tree. Therefore, the death spoken of is the spritual death of sin, not physical death.

    Conclusion: It is the knowledge of good and evil that has led to sin and the spiritual death of being banished from the presence of God.

  5. andy humphrey October 26, 2010 at 11:06 am #

    DR. Hovind thank you for all that you have done, not only in my life,but in everyone’s life that’s been changed by your awsome work.You no better than anyone the dangers of these false teachings. Keep up the awsome work the LORD has blessed you to do. Our prayers be with you!!!

  6. Jeff Shows October 26, 2010 at 12:03 pm #

    Paul…….I’m glad you’re thinking. Please remember, context is king in studying scripture.

    1. The main point of Col. 1 is the preeminence of Christ Jesus…….not the reconciliation of things in heaven. He is God Almighty. His blood, shed on the cross was to reconcile all things to Himself……and there was no sin, or death before Adam. The gap theory would have us believe that there was death before Adam and Eve sinned. I’ve even heard sermons from well-meaning preachers that try to make this point…….but it is impossible.
    Taking a part of one verse out of context can be very dangerous…..remember…..you must interpret the Bible with the Bible.
    2. Again, you cannot twist one part of a passage to come up with a doctrinal truth. Romans 5 is all about sin, the law and the free gift of salvation through FAITH in Christ Jesus. Please read/study the entire passage using Biblical hermeneutics to make your points…..no scripture twisting please……
    No sin before Adam and Eve……and no death either.
    Deut. 29:29

  7. Paul Monsef October 26, 2010 at 2:58 pm #

    Hi jeff,

    Scripure twisting? Not here! I simply stated that Christs death also reconciled things in heaven… As stated plainly in colosians.

    Nowhere in the bible does it say death was not in existence prior to Adam; but it does say that death entered the world because of Adams sin.

    Please stick to bible words and phrases, hermeneutics is a geek word referencing a Greek god and is too fancy for me… Do you disagree with my above statements?

  8. Michael Fisher October 26, 2010 at 4:23 pm #

    Hmmmm. . . .
    Col 1:20
    Romans 5:12
    1Cr 15:22
    Rom 8:20
    Rom 8:21
    Rom 8:22

    Why do you all worship Paul?

    Of all the bible quotes, even the ones that aren’t Paul, certainly aren’t Jesus.

    For a bunch of people who call themselves Christians, you spend precious little ink or time talking about Jesus.

  9. Stephen Holshouser October 26, 2010 at 8:38 pm #

    Hello Geno,

    You said, “Further, man was flawed by what creationists call his “sinful nature.” If any part of creation is flawed, it is not perfect.”

    No, Adam was not created with a sinful nature. When he chose to sin, his nature was corrupted. We, on the other hand, are born with a sinful nature. If Adam had a sinful nature before he sinned, he would have already been spiritually dead and “banished from the presence of God.”

    I agree that it was a spiritual death on the day that they literally ate from the literal tree. But the physical death sentence was also to be carried out. No one ever died physically before this, especially since there was no one else!

    I wish you would study I Corinthians 15 (the whole chapter) and tell me which death will be destroyed in the future, physical or spiritual? Remember, the cause of this death mentioned is also directly attributed to Adam’s sin in the Garden (v. 21-22). This passage is to be fulfilled in the future, but let me point out that those is Christ are already (right now, in this life) spiritually resurrected (John 5:24-26, 11:25, Col. 2:12-13, 3:1, 1John 3:14). If you read the chapter, let me know which death you think he’s referring to.

    Geno, don’t be afraid to take Genesis literally. There’s no verifiable scientific evidence or other scripture that proves otherwise. You can trust Jesus way more than men that hate Him. Let God be true, but every man a liar!

    Two final questions for you that someone else chose not to answer;

    1. Was Jesus confused when He said, “from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.” ? (Mark 10:6)

    2. Was Jesus the One that created them? (Colossians 1:16-20)

    Take care, SH

  10. ant bourdon October 27, 2010 at 12:09 am #

    Geno,
    If you say that the creation was not perfect because man had a sinful nature, then you are clearly not a Bible believer. This is the principal teaching of the Bible. Man was with God, the link was broken and Jesus came to redeem us. End of story. If you really think what you said, why do you talk about a symbolic death after this? Shouldn’t the whole Bible be false for you?

    As christians, we don’t learn about the incorruptibility of nature prior to sin in the Bible. It comes from tradition. How tradition works is that if you believe in the one that teach you the Bible and he did so, and so forth unto the writers of the Bible, you will learn the real meanings under every passage. But every time someone doubt what is told to him, there is a lost of meaning. The knowledge of the Bible does not come from the spirit of sectarism that you have, but from humility and love. This is why you should know that there can only be one teaching about the Bible, the one that was transmitted since the beginning between humble and rational people. This should also teach you why there is only one Church, one Truth. Because no sectarism can add something to the Truth because the Truth was revealed from the beginning.

  11. Jeff Brace October 27, 2010 at 2:34 pm #

    My heart aches for what I am reading here. Please Lord open the minds of those who say they believe and those who think they know better and refuse You.

  12. Russell Crawford October 27, 2010 at 3:58 pm #

    Exd 20: 8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

    Exd 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

    Exd 20:10 But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates:

    Exd 20:11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

    As Chuck Missler puts it, the very finger of God wrote it in stone that He indeed created “HIS” Heaven and earth in six days and on the 7th day rested. And, He cannot lie nor deceive.

    To the Hovinds, I just found your web site about a month ago and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

  13. Geno Castagnoli October 28, 2010 at 9:15 am #

    ant bourdon wrote:
    Geno,
    If you say that the creation was not perfect because man had a sinful nature, then you are clearly not a Bible believer.
    #####
    Geno replies:
    That’s absurd. It’s like saying because I disagree with government policy on abortion, I don’t believe in the Constitution.
    #####

    Ant said:
    This is the principal teaching of the Bible.
    #####
    Geno asks:
    What is the principal teaching of the Bible? A perfect creation? Can you give me chapter/verse and explain why it is more relevant than Gen. 1:31 which I cited (above)?
    #####

    Ant wrote:
    Man was with God, the link was broken and Jesus came to redeem us. End of story.
    #####
    Geno points out:
    That is not in dispute. The question is whether or not the “death” due to the sin of Adam and Eve is spiritual or physical in nature.
    #####

    Ant wrote:
    If you really think what you said, why do you talk about a symbolic death after this? Shouldn’t the whole Bible be false for you?
    #####
    Geno comments:
    I didn’t say death in the Genesis account is symbolic, I said the story is symbolic and speaking of a spiritual, not physical death. Isn’t a spiritual death real? Further, since when is a lesson delivered in symbolic, allegorical, or metaphorical terms false?
    #####

    Ant wrote:
    As christians, we don’t learn about the incorruptibility of nature prior to sin in the Bible. It comes from tradition. How tradition works is that if you believe in the one that teach you the Bible and he did so, and so forth unto the writers of the Bible, you will learn the real meanings under every passage.
    ####
    Geno answers:
    Which is why I pointed out the “real meaning under” the Genesis story is that SPIRITUAL death comes with sin. Nothing in the Genesis account can be implied to mean physical death began with the fall. In fact, it quite the opposite. Notice one of the things God did was to keep Adam and Eve from eating of the “tree of life” which would allow them to “live forever.” This implies they did not have eternal (physical ) life before that.
    #####

    Ant writes:
    But every time someone doubt what is told to him, there is a lost of meaning. The knowledge of the Bible does not come from the spirit of sectarism that you have, but from humility and love.
    ######
    Geno points out:
    You will find much less sectarianism from me than you will from many on this list. If you want an example of sectarian bigotry, go to Kent Hovind’s blog and read the second post under the “Dear Sharon” entry.
    #####

    Ant writes:
    This is why you should know that there can only be one teaching about the Bible, the one that was transmitted since the beginning between humble and rational people.
    #####
    Geno points out:
    Humble and rational people are still fallible and subject to human error when they try to read and understand the Bible. (Note: I make no claim to being an exception to this. Do you?)
    #####

    Ant writes:
    This should also teach you why there is only one Church, one Truth. Because no sectarism can add something to the Truth because the Truth was revealed from the beginning.
    #####
    Geno points out:
    Again, I’m not the one who is being sectarian. You’ve seen nothing from me that speaks of other denominations of Christianity in a negative way and you will not see such behavior on my part…. unlike some self-proclaimed “Christians” who frequent this list.

    Also, I again point out that revealed truth is still subject to interpretation by fallible humans.

  14. Brian Fewlass October 28, 2010 at 11:13 am #

    @Stephen: Excellent! I was just about to explain to Geno the two meanings of death, backed up in scripture.

    @Geno: Remember, when you look at a topic and already have a predetermined mindset…you will rarely see what is clearly in front of you, especially if it contradicts your views (forest through the trees idea). You should always try and read or analyze the data without bias.

    With the Bible KJV (which was written for a 5-8 year old [roughly] to understand), the scripture that may be unclear is always defined, or cleared up through other verses. When it doesn’t seem to line up to what you understood, then you took the verse out of context originally meant for it. People do it all the time (that is why there are many different professing ‘Christian’ sects out there). Scripture always backs up scripture…perfect clarity throughout when you stop thinking you’re never wrong. Humility is precious in the sight of God….and my favorite verse: “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32

  15. Geno Castagnoli October 28, 2010 at 5:28 pm #

    Brian Fewlass wrote:
    @Geno: Remember, when you look at a topic and already have a predetermined mindset, you will rarely see what is clearly in front of you, especially if it contradicts your views (forest through the trees idea). You should always try and read or analyze the data without bias.
    ######
    Geno replies:
    Coming from a YEC, that’s funny.

    Perhaps you and the CSE staff should take your comment to the bathroom, stand in front of the sink, face the wall and read it to the face looking back at you.

    I’m not the one who says:
    “No apparent, perceived or claimed evidence in any field, including history and science, can be valid if it contradicts Scripture.” (From the CSE Statement of Faith)

    So, who is approaching the evidence with “a predetermined mindset?” That is the key difference between my position and that of YEC. I DO attempt to read and analyze data without bias or any kind of preconception. That is what those of us with a scientific approach do.

    It is my substantial effort to approach the evidence of both God’s creation and the Bible objectively that leads me to the conclusion the YEC interpretation of the creation account is wrong. Truth cannot contradict truth. Both the Bible and what God tells us in His creation must be true. However, it is the evidence in God’s creation that is least subject to error by fallible man.
    #####

    Brian says:
    With the Bible KJV (which was written for a 5-8 year old [roughly] to understand), the scripture that may be unclear is always defined, or cleared up through other verses. When it doesn’t seem to line up to what you understood, then you took the verse out of context originally meant for it.
    #####
    Geno responds:
    Isn’t it just possible the same can be said for what you understood? That it is the YEC who have taken “the verse out of context originally meant for it?”

    The problem with what was “originally meant” (in the case of Genesis) is that we are dealing with a translation of a translation that has been hand-copied for dozens of centuries. There are no original documents and it is virtually impossible to retain meaning over just a few centuries even without the difficulties of multiple translations by fallible humans. For example, less than 500 years ago Shakespeare wrote: “Get thee to a nunnery.” He wasn’t telling his mother to live in a convent, he was telling her to become a prostitute.

    On the other hand, when Sn1987a was observed, the light from that event was NOT subject to human error or manipulation until it reached Earth. That object has been measured by direct triangulation at a distance of 167,000 light years. In a 6000 year old universe, we shouldn’t be able to see it.
    #####

    Brian says:
    People do it all the time (that is why there are many different professing Christian sects out there). Scripture always backs up scripture, perfect clarity throughout when you stop thinking you’re never wrong.
    #####
    Geno comments:
    Yes, people do do it all the time. I’m no different. Neither are you.

    Gotta go…..

  16. Stephen Holshouser October 28, 2010 at 7:34 pm #

    Geno,

    Did you decline my ealier challenge to you?

    Geno writes to ant:
    Notice one of the things God did was to keep Adam and Eve from eating of the “tree of life” which would allow them to “live forever.” This implies they did not have eternal (physical ) life before that.
    #####
    Stephen points out:
    They were already eating of the tree of life. Remember, the only tree they were restricted from was the the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. That is why He kicked them out of the garden… so they would quiting eating from the tree of life and therefore, not live forever physically.

  17. Paul Monsef October 28, 2010 at 8:43 pm #

    Michael,

    2 tim 2: 7 Consider what I (the apostle paul) say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things

  18. Jennifer Preston October 29, 2010 at 3:57 am #

    Stephen Holshouser

    I have answered them now. They’re on the previous blog.

  19. Mark James October 29, 2010 at 5:24 am #

    Hi Geno,

    Genesis 3:22 says:

    And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

    They had already eaten from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, so how does this imply that they did not originally have eternal (physical life)?

  20. Mark James October 29, 2010 at 5:26 am #

    Should read … eternal (physical) life?

  21. Stephen Holshouser October 29, 2010 at 6:59 am #

    Brian F,

    I think alot of people (maybe most and including me) have a problem with the “predetermined mindset” you mentioned. It is hard for prideful humans to change what they have believed or maybe even taught to others… Most men would rather be proven right than to actually be right… the humility thing you mentioned is the key, though… oh, to be always and only led by the Holy Spirit!

    Regarding the meanings of death; I got to thinking about it… there may even be other definitions of it. Like, death to sin and self (Romans 6) and dying to the law (Romans 7). But there’s no question that spiritual and physical death was the result of Adam’s sin.

    May the Lord bless you, SH

  22. Stephen Holshouser October 30, 2010 at 10:52 am #

    Genesis 3:17-19
    And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

    If death was already around before this, and Adam knew he was going to die physically anyway, why does God list returning to dust in the consequences for Adam’s sin?

  23. Jennifer Preston October 30, 2010 at 12:03 pm #

    I’m going to have to carry this on from the last blog. Comments have closed on that.

    Stephen Holshouser

    “I may have not made my question clear. Based on the fact that time and space have varied, and since meters and seconds are the measurements of the speed of light, At the moment of creation as God stretched out the universe (or His Big Bang, if you like), were meters and seconds then, the same as today? If so, how can you test, demonstrate, or observe it?”

    A second is just a name Humans have given to a time period of a certain length. A meter is just the name Humans have given to a measurement of length. Why wouldn’t they be the same back then? After the universe began time could still be divided up into the same lengths we have on Earth. It’s the same with distances. Time will always be able to divide up into the same sub-periods regardless of where or when you are in the Universe. Same with distances and lengths and volumes and so-on.

    “Was it expanding through a vacuum or a different medium that would facilitate a much higher propagation rate of light, like complete nothingness?”

    After the expansion of space-time there could never have been complete nothingness becasue complete nothingness does not exist in the boundaries of our universe. This is what the universe is. Something. Every single part of it is something. Even between the stars and galaxies. It’s all something.

    Several hundreds of thousands of years into the beginning of the Universe, the first stars began to form. It was then that light began transmitting across the universe. This is what we see in space. A dark spot called the dark ages when there was no light because there were no stars. But in the early universe this space was still a vacuum. The universe had cooled off enough by the time the first stars formed. Also there are times in the Universe’s expansion that the expansion rate has increased. This is called inflation and it does explain a lot of observations we’ve made in space.

    “Now the question is; Do you, Jennifer, believe Stephen Hawking, a God denier, or Jesus Christ, God in the flesh?”

    I accept the evidence. Because the evidence is undeniable. Science is not a question of belief. You can demonstrate that it works. I don’t have to believe what Stephen Hawking says. I can see the evidence that he uses to back up his conclusions. I do on the other hand, have to believe in Jesus and that Jesus rose from the dead to take our sins for us.
    I can see that relativity works so I think I’ll stick with that. But that doesn’t mean I can’t believe Jesus rose from the dead to take our sins.

    The thing is, the Gospel of Mark, the first Gospel written, was written 55 – 70 years after the death of Jesus. Mark had never even met Jesus, he was a disciple of Peter. What about the gospels that were left out? What about the one that says Jesus kissed Mary Magdeline? (Note I am not implying the Da Vinci Code is true, the Da Vinci code is a good fictional story, nothing more)(actually I didn’t like it much, prefer Douglas Adams). The part about Jesus going up to heaven…that was added about 500 years after the death of Jesus. It originally had him just going away, walking over a hill somewhere but apparently that wasn’t divine enough. In terms of what gospels made it into the Bible, the Bible is one of the most censored books in History. I believe you should take some things with a pinch of salt. I agree with the message Jesus brought. A teaching of love and kindness and forgiveness and that you should never judge people and care even for those who are different or at the bottom of society. Love everyone.

  24. Don Carr October 30, 2010 at 3:13 pm #

    It takes a lot of mental gymnastics to comprehend the bible. It was written at at time scrolls were continually being destroyed, so a lot of the deeper meaning was kept in an underground community. The original bible was very scientific, and written by Enoch, perhaps dozens or hundreds of scrolls. They were allowed (by our Greaters) to be destroyed as the information could be misused. Two scrolls have been recently discovered, Eonch1 and Enoch2. See for their flavor and direct method of teaching.

    The New Testament is very illustrative – and allowed to survive. The parables hinted at profound scientific understanding of our salvation process. Anyone seeking the deeper meaning behind the parables would have attended lessons, likely in an underground environment. And engaged in effective prayer.

    One of the great frauds is the notion that the bible should be taken literally. The bible may be historical on many levels, yet ultimately the aim of the bible is to activate ones Light Body and Charge them with the Holy Spirit for the day of return or passover, where quite literally our betters or Light Beings pass over this creation looking for those with activated third eyes (blood of Christ placed over lintel of doorway). Kabbalah were the more scientific texts of the day.

    Enoch established a capstone of Higher energies upon his flesh prior to ascension. He walked an annointed Son of Light on this planet. Elijah also walked in a Body of Light. The entire line of David sweated blood. This is how they performed miracles and communed with above. They had the technology – Light Based Higher Technology. This technology is available to US (Adamic us). It starts with the third eye or 7th ray of Light. (Honor the Sabbath, get it now?)

    Key point here being that we live in open ended universes (plural) of many kinds. Just because we are in quarantine, and cut off from the many branchings of the greater universes, does not mean they are not there. This is the position of the literalists who don’t believe anything unless it is first proven to them. Selah, pause a moment. Is it not outrageously absurd to think that we are the only planet with supposedly intelligent life?

    Eating from the poison tree of life means that we entered the branchings of the fallen ones. This is the system of Babylon. The clogging of our third eye and pollution of our souls. Worlds of sin and death. Read “Hymn of the Pearl”, and one may see that Adam may be a hero, and not the looser the literalists assume. All of our souls are dirty and must be washed, ALL OF US. The blame game is again a hoax perpetrated by the literalists.

    Christ closed the story, not only did he ascend, he returned, thus showing us the WAY out of this quarantined earthly prison. He came in the flesh to show us what we had to do to our flesh to achieve the same goal. These “powers” are real, and can really be felt when ones Light Body is active and charged. Looking upon Christ as God is a big con to keep people from realizing their own Light Body potential. The dove coming down over Christ’s head represents the reassembling of his trinitized nature.

    So if we can accept that we should be free to travel to any number of worlds/universes in a trintized Light Body we should offer some respect to these other worlds and NOT IMPOSE our notion of time on them. I’m sure they don’t care much about how fast this ball of mud orbits this sun. The six days of creation are NOT literal earth days; we all share YHWH. Put this one to rest. It is a HOAX, again from the literalists or dogmatists. Our universes are bounded by consciousness development. When we graduate, we will be removed from these successive life/death cycles.

    Genesis chapter 1 did not occur on earth! Otherwise from where would the fall have occurred? The fall represents a fall into quarantine. Those who ate of the rotten tree (Fallen thought forms) became cut off so as not to contaminate others – as we were once very connected to others, including Eternal Light Beings. And death was introduced – to destroy all that is imperfect. Seeds of life are scattered on this fallen creation that anyone who wishes to escape death – may. Most will eventually escape these life/death cycles. Yes we regenerate successive bodies of flesh or reincarnation. Again another HOAX by the literalists exploded, that we have only one chance to get this right.

    Get off the cross, Christ did. Looking into symbology would show another tri-cross, where a third member projects out of the plane of the cross. This is the Hebrew vector or the coming exodus off this world (as it is). Nailed to a pair of dead wooden sticks represents the Babylonian system. Our current symbol should be the Stars of David or Merkabah vehicles, as the Host will fullfill their promise and they return for us. At least look forward to a Living cross, not the dead sticks presented by the literalists.

    In summary, our world is just one tiny speck in a greater system of things. Death is abnormal, so Christ and the Host was assigned fix us in this fallen hospital and return us to open civilization, without the disease that could spread. The blood of the Office of the Christ is part of their plan to raise us back into the Greater Heavens (yes plural). They will succeed, but we have to do our part.

    And that part is to Activate our Light Bodies and acquire the gifts of the Holy Spirit. One should feel energies operating on their systems as this “cell by cell regeneration” or “repatterning into the Light” process occurs.

    Church is a community of aware souls, acquiring spirit, often in groups of 10. Church has nothing to do with bricks and mortar, so if your church community will not pray/commune effectively find souls who will. We are in the image of YHWH and have Light Body potential. Yerushalayim is a city of Light, not here on earth.

    We have been lied to. Seek the truth.

  25. William Simpson October 30, 2010 at 7:08 pm #

    I think that in the original Hebrew the words are directly translated
    “dying you shall die” which would imply that they would begin to die from that point on (eating the fruit), not die straight away.

  26. Geno Castagnoli October 30, 2010 at 8:43 pm #

    Stephen Holshouser claims:
    No, Adam was not created with a sinful nature. When he chose to sin, his nature was corrupted.
    #####
    Geno answers:
    Leaving aside, for the moment, the contradiction between an all knowing perfect God and free will….

    Either way, Adam was NOT perfect. If any part is imperfect, the whole cannot be. The Bible does not say creation was perfect, it says creation was “very good.” Very good is not perfect.

    Understand this… I’m not the one insisting on a literal reading of Genesis.
    #####

    Stephen Holshouser asks:
    Geno,
    Did you decline my ealier challenge to you?
    #####
    Geno answers:
    No. It’s just that my time is very limited.

    Stephen points out:
    They were already eating of the tree of life. Remember, the only tree they were restricted from was the the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. That is why He kicked them out of the garden, so they would quiting eating from the tree of life and therefore, not live forever physically.
    #####
    Geno responds:
    I would ass-u-me if they ate from the tree of life only once they would live forever. It seems to be implied from the story. Further, if what you claim is true, then every creature must also have been eating from that tree. Otherwise, there would have been physical death. There is nothing in the Genesis account to indicate this was the case.
    #####

    Mark James asks:
    They had already eaten from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, so how does this imply that they did not originally have eternal (physical) life?
    #####
    Geno answers:
    A better question is how does it imply they did?

    Keep in mind God assured them “in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. They didn’t die (physically) that day. In fact, they lived for years after that event. Either God lied or He wasn’t talking about physical death.

    To me, it is clear God was speaking of spiritual death. Without knowledge of good and evil, one cannot sin. It’s a “policy” we hold to this day.