HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DARWIN!
Charles Darwin’s Birthday is coming up soon on February 12th. Had he lived, the legendary biologist would have been 207 years old! Skeptics around the globe are heralding “Darwin’s Day” as the perfect occasion to celebrate Science, Reason, and Humanity. But what did Darwin actually believe? Has it been scientifically proven? Is it reasonable? And how has it benefited humanity?
In the spirit of good science, we at Creation Today have joined forces with The Question Evolution Project to encourage YOU to ask tough questions about the worldview famously attached to Charles Darwin’s name. Discover for yourself what he believed, what he taught, and how it has impacted history.
Ideas for celebrating Darwin’s Day:
- Invite friends over for finger foods and a movie about Darwin.
- Invite a Creation Speaker to come speak to your church or group.
- Find an event already planned for your area.
- Print “15 Questions for Evolutionists” and distribute in a public location.
- Join The Question Evolution event on Facebook.
- Use Question Evolution graphics on various social media outlets.
- Wear your favorite creation T-shirt.
- Engage the culture with tracts or signs about evolution.
- Pray for seeds to be sown and souls saved. (Matthew 9:38)
- For supper, enjoy a can of Primordial Soup. Warning: It takes millions of years to cook so make sure you get it started early!
Three Movie Ideas for Question Evolution Day
There are many great resources you could use for this. Here are a few of our suggestions.
1. DARWIN AND DARWINISM – For the very first time in the United States, especially adapted for US TV and DVD systems, we present Paul Taylor’s documentary of Charles Darwin and his ideas.
Featuring John Mackay, Brian H Edwards and Dr Andy McIntosh, and filmed on location in Shrewsbury, Down and Westminster, this wide-ranging film analyzes Darwin’s ideas and show that they are incompatible with biblical truth.
The film is available on DVD for just $14.95! Get yours here while supplies last!
2. EVOLUTION VS GOD – Hear expert testimony from leading evolutionary scientists from some of the world’s top universities:
• Peter Nonacs, Professor, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, UCLA
• Craig Stanford, Professor, Biological Sciences and Anthropology, USC
• PZ Myers, Associate Professor, Biology, University of Minnesota Morris
• Gail E. Kennedy, Associate Professor, Anthropology, UCLA
A study of the evidence of vestigial organs, natural selection, the fifth digit, the relevance of the stickleback, Darwin’s finches and Lenski’s bacteria—all under the microscope of the Scientific Method—observable evidence from the minds of experts. Prepare to have your faith shaken.
3. DARWIN ON THE ROCKS – Join the International Director of Creation Research, John Mackay, as we travel the globe collecting the evidence from Creation to the fall, to the flood and beyond. God’s Word has told us that the evidence is so clear it can be seen and understood, so that none have any excuse. See it for yourself on this great documentary.